It's Friday AGAIN. I can't believe how fast the week flew by. My best friend has been here visiting me from California since Tuesday and I have had so much fun seeing her again. It's been over 10 years and we have so much to catch up on outside of facebook. She leaves Saturday and I will be terribly sad. :(
The project I have made is a tea holder. I made this for my mother-in-law who has suddenly become blind in her right eye. This definitely brightened her day. This whole thing has been constructed completely out of card stock.
Directions to make one are below :)
Stamps: Unity- Teapot from June 2009 KOM. I stamped it on the patterned paper and colored in the bird and leaves plus added shadows.
Misc.: Spellbinders Flower dies, Shimmer Brads, Stickles
- Cut cardstock to 8.75” x 12” and score along 12”side at 3”, 5.75”, 8.75” and 11.5”.
- Turn cardstock 90 degrees and score at 3” along the length of the cardstock.
- Score at 2.25” from top to the first score line and then skip one panel and continue to score to bottom (Figure 1 - Blue line).
- Score at 4” on the bottom two panels. (Figure 1 - Red line).
- Remove shaded areas shown in Figure 2.
Using largest Spellbiners Labels 1 die, cut 4 pieces of cardstock and 2 pieces of thin chipboard. Sandwich one piece of cut chipboard between two pieces of cardstock and glue. Repeat with other pieces and glue lid to the bottom of one to create box top.
For this box, the following are the measurements for each panel:
(2) pieces 2.75” x 5.5” (sides)
(1) piece 2.5” x 4.5” (front)
(1) piece 2.5” x 5.5” (back)
(2) pieces 2.50” x 5.25” (sides)
(1) piece 2.25” x 4.25” (front)
(1) piece 2.25” x 5.25” (back)