About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom. I have been married to my handsome and wonderful husband for over 14 years. Right now he's battling stomach/esophagus cancer. So I do my best to craft when I can. I have two wonderful boys. My oldest, Garett, is 24 and served 5 years in the Navy. He's been home since the beginning of the year (2014). We are very proud of him. My youngest, "DJ", is 13 and in the 8th grade. I have two Border Collie mix dogs (Koda and Rugu), one Calico cat (Hydie), one orange Tabby cat (Bosley), one Tea Cup Chihuahua (Gigi...I LOVE her sooo much), a Chiweinnie (Lily....sweetest dog ever), and a Jack Russell/Chihuahua (Connor....AAALL boy).

Friday, September 12, 2014

Thank you to EVERYONE

Hello FWF Peeps....

It's been soooo long since I have posted anything here.  I'm glad to say that I have finally had a little time to craft something.

My husband was recently diagnosed with stomach/esophagus cancer.  The beginning of it all is like a whirlwind under your feet...tests, xrays, labs, appointments...etc.  It's crazy and hectic...and overwhelming at times.  Especially when you run into troubles.

But here is my card I made in between all my busy time.  It's one of the MANY MANY Thank you cards I have to make for EVERYONE that has been so helpful to us.

It's from the set "Feelin' Owly"  The glitter and inked edge is Antique Linen from Tim Holtz.

Since my husband's diagnosis we have run into some financial issues and the biggest one right now is that our washing machine broke down in the middle of washing his clothes.  ALL his loose fitting clothes.  He just got out of the hospital after having a chemotherapy port placed and a feeding tube inserted.  He needs his loose fitting clothes and bedding washed.  So what funds I can collect will be used to get a new washer...hopefully ASAP.  The one we have is old and has been repaired 3 times.  Not going to repair it again.  So whatever you all can do to help...I would be EVER so grateful.  I cry each time I see a donation.  Thank you to those who already have.

YouCaring.com to make a Donation

14 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, Sheryl. Keep being strong, you're in my thoughts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay strong Sheryl...beautiful card, sending love and hugs xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card...the recipient will treasure it. Keeping good thoughts for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for all of you, and hoping things calm soon. Glad you found a bit of time to relax and create. Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is wonderful! Sending hugs your way and wishing a speedy recovery for your husband!
    Beth
    Beth's Beauties

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tough times for you and your husband... glad you could get some therapeutic (I hope) craft time for yourself. Lovely thank you card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Hope your husband gets better. Keep strong.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to see your card here !! LOVE it !! Thinking of you ......

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers for his recovery and strength for you to cope day to day. I am happy to see you crafting through it. It can be therapy. Chin up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful thank you card--love the owl and hope your troubles end soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. really great card, hope things pick up for you guys <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. The card is wonderful! I'm praying for all of you

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful and charming card! Sending hugs and prayers your way...

    ReplyDelete